Friday, February 5, 2010

月亮代表我的心/The Moon Represents My Heart

Feel kinda weird why I put that old song of Teresa Teng for my title? I'm not gonna share about her but I'm sharing another person who sang her song and that person is Hayley Westenra, a New Zealander.

She as a white New Zealander can sing a chinese song so well. You can hear it yourself on my video playlist in my blog, just look for The Moon Represents My Heart and just enjoy the song. Why I wanna talk about her? I want to talk about her because through her singing a chinese song just reminded how suck is my mandarin. Man, I've neglected my Chinese and now I'm regretting for not grasping it in the first place.

I spent my whole life improving my english, from basics and now to speaking. I even have the American Speaking Accents. For my country mates, they will say I speak like a Masaleh. My speaking is like completely different from anybody, I'm like from other country like I came from America and started to live here in Malaysia. But the truth is I'm not, I am born Malaysian and I never been to America but how the heck did I learn to speak like an American.
Today, I got a comment from one of my CG(care group) elders, she told me that my accents are hard to understand and she's not used to this kind of accent and she encourages not to speak like that. She told me one of her experience and it was the time that she went for a camp and the Speakers for the camp was Americans and she told me she doesn't understand a single word from them because of their slurry accents.

From now on, I finally understand why people thinks I'm weird and laugh of my accents. Because most of them are not used to the way I'm speaking. The point is, I love to be different, to be different from anyone, even the way I speak have accents and is different from country mates. Against all odds, for my dreams, I love to go America. But what's the use?


I'm not saying I hate my own country, but I am person who love to explore and to have in fun by learning things. But I realized this one thing, who cares that I have the coolest accents, who cares my english is the coolest, because one day I'm not gonna used english anymore and that will be the day when I go to heaven. We won't be using any earth languages but a language of heaven where everyone of any nations speak of that language.

Well suffice to say, I'll just have fun in languages, especially to improve my mandarin. Well I don't care, I just want improve myself everyday, and to change what the Lord wants me to be. I really want to commit my life, to say this, I think God blessed me with the gift of learning accents, trust me I can even speak mandarin like I'm originally from China too. Well I believe, that these accents, one day God will surely use on that area.

Signing off,
DaveyDavio

No comments:

Post a Comment